All entries must have been published in print editions in English or French between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. No exceptions.
- The author must be a Canadian citizen.
- All entries must have an ISBN and be available for sale in bookstores or online in Canada, this includes self-published books.
- A work by co-authors is acceptable.
- Revised editions, or compilations of previously published work, must contain a minimum of 30% new material. If submitting a revised edition, one copy of the previous edition must be included in the submission as well.
- Either the author or the publisher may submit books. Please coordinate entries to avoid duplication.
- Books must arrive by February 22, 2017, OR be postmarked/have a shipped-on date on or before February 22, 2017.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $100.00 per title is to be submitted at the time of registration, along with 7 copies of the title.
- Taste Canada is not responsible for late or lost books therefore shipping with tracking is recommended.
- Please refer to individual award categories for further information (next page).