***Submissions for the 2016 Cookbook Categories are now closed. The shortlist will be announced on September 13, 2016.***
Taste Canada Awards will honour ten jury-selected books, five in English and five in French, authored by Canadian citizens.
Three-person jury panels drawn from Canadian academic, publishing, creative, and institutional fields will review submissions in the five categories, both English and French.
All entries must have been published in print editions in English or French between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015. No exceptions.
- The author must be a Canadian citizen.
- All entries must have an ISBN and be available for sale in bookstores or online in Canada, this includes self-published books.
- A work by co-authors is acceptable.
- Revised editions, or compilations of previously published work, must contain a minimum of 30% new material. If submitting a revised edition, one copy of the previous edition must be included in the submission as well.
- Either the author or the publisher may submit books. Please coordinate entries to avoid duplication.
- Books must arrive by February 24, 2016, OR be postmarked/have a shipped-on date on or before February 24, 2016.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $100.00 per title is to be submitted at the time of registration, along with 7 copies of the title.
- Taste Canada is not responsible for late or lost books therefore shipping with tracking is recommended.
- Please refer to individual award categories for further information.
Deadline for submissions is February 24, 2016.