Short List 2012
Taste Canada―The Food Writing Awards drew 73 submissions this year, a brilliant snapshot of the vibrancy and diversity of Canadian culinary publishing. The winners will be announced, together with the names of the jurors, at the Award Ceremony and Gala Reception on Monday, 5 November, at the new Arcadian Court in Toronto.
• Leslie Beck’s Longevity Diet. Leslie Beck. Penguin Canada
• The Boreal Herbal. Beverley Gray. Aroma Borealis Press
• Unquenchable. Natalie MacLean. Doubleday Canada Publishing Group
• Whitewater Cooks with Friends. Shelley Adams. Alicon Holdings Ltd
• Odd Bits. Jennifer McLagan. HarperCollins Publishers
• Chef Michael Smith’s Kitchen. Michael Smith. Penguin Canada
• The Ontario Table. Lynn Ogryzlo. Epulum Books Inc
• Made in Italy. David Rocco. HarperCollins Publishers
• Market Chronicles. Susan Semenak. Les Éditions Cardinal
• Preserving. Pat Crocker. Harper Collins Publishers
• We Sure Can! Sarah B Hood. Arsenal Pulp Press
• Spilling the Beans. Julie Van Rosendaal and Sue Duncan. Whitecap Books
To see the list of French short-listed titles, click here.