This year Taste Canada—The Food Writing Awards received 73 entries from across the country. Over the next four weeks we’ll be releasing the nominated titles by category, starting with General Cookbooks. Not sure what the new categories are? Check them out here. Want to know the nominees? Read on.
• Adams, Shelley. Whitewater Cooks with Friends. Alicon Holdings Ltd., Nelson, BC
• Calder, Laura. Dinner Chez Moi: The Fine Art of Feeding Friends. HarperCollins Publishers, Toronto
• Graham, Eric, Nigel Didcock, and Heather Cooper. Field to Table: Lifestyle, Education, Great Food. Cooper Graham Books, Baltimore, ON
• Magwood, Trish. In My Mother’s Kitchen. HarperCollins Publishers, Toronto
• McLagan, Jennifer. Odd Bits: How to Cook the Rest of the Animal. HarperCollins Publishers, Toronto
• Paré, Jean. Celebrating the Harvest: Recipes for Fall & Winter Gatherings. Company’s Coming Publishing Ltd., Edmonton
• Podleski, Janet and Greta Podleski. The Looneyspoons Collection: Janet & Greta’s Greatest Recipe Hits Plus a Whole Lot More! Granet Publishing Inc., Kitchener, ON
• Richards, Emily. Get in the Kitchen and Cook! Recipes for Family and Friends. Self, Guelph, ON
• Roberts, Tina. The Two Sisters Cookbook: 20 Family-Inspired Menus. Self, Waterloo, ON
• Smith, Michael. Chef Michael Smith’s Kitchen: 100 of My Favourite Easy Recipes. Penguin Canada, Toronto
• Brazier, Brendan. Whole Foods to Thrive: Nutrient-Dense, Plant-Based Recipes for Peak Health. Penguin Canada, Toronto
• Crocker, Pat. 150 Best Tagine Recipes: Including Tantalizing Recipes for Spice Blends & Accompaniments. Robert Rose, Toronto
• Crocker, Pat. Preserving: The Canning and Freezing Guide for All Seasons. HarperCollins Publishers, Toronto
• Cronish, Nettie and Pat Crocker. Everyday Flexitarian: Recipes for Vegetarians and Meat Lovers Alike. Whitecap Books, North Vancouver
• Ekserci, Sue and Laz Klein. The Complete Weight-Loss Surgery Guide & Diet Program: Includes 150 Delicious & Nutritious Recipes. Robert Rose, Toronto
• Falcomer, Natalka and Odessa Gill. The Accommodating Kitchen: An Easy Guide to Allergy-Free Cooking. Earth Spirit Press, Wyebridge, ON.
• Finlayson, Judith and Jordan Wagman. 750 Best Appetizers: From Dips & Salsas to Spreads & Shooters. Robert Rose, Toronto.
• Hood, Sarah B. We Sure Can! How Jams and Pickles are Reviving the Lure and Love of Local Food. Arsenal Pulp Press, Vancouver.
• Olson, Anna. Back to Baking: 200 Timeless Recipes to Bake, Share, and Enjoy. Whitecap Books, North Vancouver.
• Peters, Cynthia and Susan Wallis. The Art of Herbs. Self, Prince Edward County, ON.
• Smith, Mairlyn. Healthy Starts Here! 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great. Whitecap Books, North Vancouver.
• Topp, Ellie and Marilyn Booth. Fresh & Healthy Cooking for Two: Easy Meals for Everyday Life. Formac Publishing Company, Halifax
• Van Rosendaal, Julie and Sue Duncan. Spilling the Beans: Cooking and Baking with Beans and Grains Every Day. Whitecap Books, North Vancouver
• Waisman, Mary Sue. Dietitians of Canada Cook! 275 Recipes Celebrate Food from Field to Table. Robert Rose, Toronto
• Washburn, Donna and Heather Butt. The Gluten-Free Baking Book: 250 Small Batch Recipes for Everything from Brownies to Cheesecake. Robert Rose, Toronto
• Arneson, Bal. Bal’s Quick & Healthy Indian. Whitecap Books, North Vancouver
• Bailey, Elisabeth. A Taste of the Maritimes: Local, Seasonal Recipes the Whole Year Round. Nimbus Publishing, Halifax
• Canadian Living Test Kitchen. The International Collection: Home-Cooked Meals from Round the World. Transcontinental Books, Montreal
• Lucas, Paul. Prince Edward Island Seafood: Local Fare, Global Flavours. The Acorn Press, Charlottetown
• Mazurek, Crystle. The Curry Original Cookbook. General Store Publishing House, Renfrew, ON
• McEwan, Mark. Mark McEwan’s Fabbrica: Great Italian Recipes Made Easy for Home. Viking Canada, Toronto
• Mechefske, Lindy. A Taste of Wintergreen. Wintergreen Studios Press, Yarker, ON
• Mooking, Roger and Alan Magee. Everyday Exotic. Whitecap Books, North Vancouver
• Ogryzlo, Lynn. The Ontario Table: Featuring the Best Food from Around the Province. Epulum Books Inc., Toronto
• Rocco, David. Made in Italy. HarperCollins Publishers, Toronto
• Semenak, Susan. Market Chronicles: Stories & Recipes from Montréal’s Marché Jean-Talon. Les Éditions Cardinal, Montréal
• Steeves, Judie. Jude’s Kitchen: Celebrating BC’s Seasons of Abundance. The Okanagan Institute, Kelowna, BC
• Beck, Leslie. Leslie Beck’s Longevity Diet: The Power of Food to Slow Aging and Maintain Optimal Health and Energy. Penguin Canada, Toronto
• Campbell, Jonah. Food & Trembling: An Entertainment. Invisible Publishing, Halifax
• Foulkes, Bob. Adventures with Knives: Surviving 1,000 Hours of Culinary School. french apple press, Vancouver
• Gray, Beverley. The Boreal Herbal: Wild Food and Medicine Plants of the North. Aroma Borealis Press, Whitehorse
• Hynes, Gary, ed. Island Wineries of British Columbia. TouchWood Editions, Victoria
• MacLean, Natalie. Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World’s Best Bargain Wines. Doubleday Canada, Toronto
• Sager, Kathy and Eliska Liska. Suzie’s Sourdough Circus: With Amazing Recipes! Harbour Publishing, Madeira Park, BC
To see the list of French nominated titles, click here.